Niels Sonnich Poulsen
I am a 31 year old software developer and this is my website. I write about my personal software projects and interests, such as programming languages, old GUIs, static site generation, and more. I also sometimes make games.
Currently working on
- 25 March: I'm making a 2D MMORPG
- 12 August: Released Underground Tomorrow for PBBG Jam 2022
- 14 May: Started writing a devlog for MUG.
- 10 April: Updated the GUI section with screenshots from KDE 3.0.1.
- 9 April: I redesigned the front page of my website again and added support for dark mode.
- 15 March: Uncomment – a lightweight comment system for static websites
- 29 July: Started working on a new browser game: MUG, a multiplayer space RPG.
- 27 July: Replaced Disqus with Uncomment.
- 17 June: Replaced Google Analytics with Shynet.
- 10 June: Began working on Uncomment as a replacement for Disqus.
- 5 June: Animated line of chevrons on HTML canvas
- 19 May: I redesigned my website.
- 13 May: Yet another static site generator
- 7 February: Started work on Plet, a static site generator in C based on the template language from TEXTSTEP.
- 22 November: Started working on CSTK, an attempt to create a simple JSX-based frontend TypeScript library.
- 12 September: Created Galaxio, a simple browser-based strategy game.
- 24 July: Designing the TEXTSTEP user interface
- 13 June: Created Classic stylesheets for web applciations, a project dedicated to recreating the look and feel of classic desktop environments – such as Windows 95 and CDE – in CSS.
- 23 May: Started an interactive timeline of buttons from various GUIs.
- 14 September: Bringing a Toshiba Satellite Pro 410CDT back to life
- 3 July: Slackware Linux 7.1: A time capsule
- 24 June: Added GUI section with screenshots from old versions of Slackware Linux.
- 19 April: Porting csol to DOS for no reason
- 12 November: csol – a small collection of solitaire/patience games for the terminal
- 9 November: Shared my minimal vimrc.
- 19 March: I released yuk for playing Yukon solitaire in the terminal
- 3 December: A LifeBook P1630 and Arch Linux
- 25 November: A very simple calculator in Vim
- 31 October: I replaced my home-cooked PHP CMS Jivoo CMS with TEXTSTEP, a static site generator with a GUI.
- 15 November: I released Parco a parser combinator library for PHP.
- 29 June: Creating a scanner using parser combinators in Scala
- 20 February: ColorGrab: A cross-platform color picker
- 7 October: I registered this domain and started hosting a blog using Jivoo CMS.
- 24 June: Started working on ctodo, a todo list in C.
- Worked on Battle of the Island, a browser-based strategy game with isometric graphics.
- I started making websites.